Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we went to a steakhouse downtown. Once I get over the sticker shock of Mad-Town restaurant prices, I think I'm gonna like the dining here. Here's the rundown, because it was amazing:
Salad: iceberg wedge with super chunky bleu cheese dressing, grilled red onions, and some of the best bacon I've ever had.
Steak: a 6-oz tenderloin, medium rare, Diana style, which is pan-seared with a mustard and pan jus sauce. To die for. I had to refrain from licking the plate.
Sides: grilled asparagus (yummy, but similar to what we do at home) and in-house made fries tossed with truffle oil. OH MY GOD. I had tried fries with truffle oil before and found them equally addictive and incredible. I can't even describe the flavor--D asked me to do so before he tried them, and was equally stymied after he tasted them.
Dessert: a trio of cremes brulee, with traditional vanilla bean, chocolate, and my fave, blueberry. The blueberry was so unique!
The only disappointment was the wine, which was eminently drinkable but not near worth the whopping $42 we paid for the bottle. Yikes! I guess it doesn't seem too bad when you consider there were several bottles of wine on the menu for over $100, but still...next time, we'll just get a glass of wine--more room to enjoy the food anyway.
In other news, we are slowly settling in. After a little bit of drama with the closing wherein we were waiting at the bank for our mortgage lady to call us with the amount for the cashier's check, we managed to make it to the closing with 5 minutes to spare. We were really flying by the seat of our pants there! This house is starting to look like a familiar place as our familiar things get unpacked. I think we will run to CR on Sunday just to pick up the last carload of stuff from the old place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum, the blueberry creme brulee sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteI was out with Reid's family last week and was too full to sample the creme brulee cheesecake at the Wash Park Grill - and I'm still kicking myself!